Sunday, January 25, 2009

Red Bone - Deceased






Red Bone came to us with Snoot and Big Mare. She was a sweet older little mare who weasled her way into my heart on the first day. Red Bone was named after her condition when she came here, she was red and very bony. She was extremely emaciated, covered in lice and fleas and full of worms. Poor Red Bone was in such bad shape that I was afraid she would not recover, she was so week she could barely walk and dragged her back feet when she did. Most of her hair fell off when I gave her a bath so she was mostly bald. I was very pleased to watch this girls progress as she recovered. Sadly Red Bone coliced and was put out of her missery. A necropsy was done and a hard ball of dried hay was found causing the colic.

Rest in peast dear Red Bone.

No comments:

I am not afraid of death and I am not selfish therefor no animal shall suffer at the hands of my weaknesses.