Monday, September 22, 2008

Stormy




Stormy is a 4 month old orphan who lost his mother at 2 months of age. He was out on his own with the large herd of horses and was at the very bottom of the pecking order. Stormy was nearly catatonic with I got him and I had to carry him from out in the field to the car. He rode home in the back of a Yukon. I put him in with my mini Gigi for company and she adopted him as her own foal. Stormy is not available for adoption at this time.

10/07/08
Stormy is doing really well and getting along grat with his new adoptive mother Gigi. He has gotten a lot more friendly and wolfs down all of his food. I've been trimming as much toe as I can off his feet so he'll stand up on them better and I am seeing some improvement.

here is little Stormy enjoying a run with is adoptive mom Gigi

No comments:

I am not afraid of death and I am not selfish therefor no animal shall suffer at the hands of my weaknesses.