Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Woody - Deceased





Woody is really old, we are told somewhere between 35 and 40 years old. He has really bad founder in all four feet and his right front is severely deformed so he is in a lot of pain. We will have the vet out as soon as possible so we can find out if Woody can be made more comfortable or if it would be in his best interested to have him humanely euthanized. While he is here he is being treated like royalty and is giving a kings plate for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

10-13-08
Your life here was short but I did everything I could to make it as comfortable and pleasant as possible. Having you in my barn was an honor. Every time I walked in, you serenaded me with your beautiful voice and it brought back fond memories of Jackie, the first donkey that I had who was also a rescue from 20 years ago. I am at peace with knowing that you are no longer in pain. Even though I only got to know you for just a short amount of time you will be remembered.

No comments:

I am not afraid of death and I am not selfish therefor no animal shall suffer at the hands of my weaknesses.