Tuesday, July 20, 2010

HART Rescue Goes Through the Yamhill Parade

Every once in awhile we have some spare time to do something fun.  We decided to take a few miniature horses through our local small town parade.  We handed out candy and coloring books, everyone had a great time.

Here is Kelcey and Sadie carrying the banner.  Kelcey adopted Snoot two years ago, she still keeps her at HART.



Here is my grandson Riley and I handing out treats and coloring books.


And here is my step daughter Martine leading Gigi.  We took 3 gentle minis so the kids could pet them all throughout the parade.  They were a big hit.

This was so fun that we are thinking of doing it again next year with HART T-shirts and lots more minis for petting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great idea--super way to let folks know you are there and have adoptable horses.

I am not afraid of death and I am not selfish therefor no animal shall suffer at the hands of my weaknesses.