Sunday, January 23, 2011

Bad News for HART

After spending SEVERAL HOURS out at the site I was forced to come to the determination that the horses were not in bad enough shape to justify seizing them at this point.  The horses are for the most part in poor condition and are being kept in deplorable conditions BUT I know that on the day I was there (today) it is not bad enough that we could seize them and win our case in court.  It absolutely breaks my heart that I had to turn my back and walk away from 10 pregnant mares and 5 stallions, I'm completely sick to my stomach about this.

On one hand I wish I had waited to send out my email for help until the horses were here but on the other hand I knew that I needed help to be here TODAY to take are of these horses if I had been able to bring them home. I was confident that the deal was going to go down as the sheriff assured me that the conditions were terrible.  We had a legal warrant but I didn't want to blow our case by seizing these horses and having to give them back to their abusive owners.

We will continue to monitor this case and believe me, the INSTANT I feel we have enough grounds to seize, those horses  WILL BE SEIZED.

I wan to thank Tammy and the girls for all of the time they spent out here today getting the barn ready for this group of horses and Gwen for bringing out grain, alfalfa pellets and wormer.

No comments:

I am not afraid of death and I am not selfish therefor no animal shall suffer at the hands of my weaknesses.