Tuesday, October 20, 2009

It's time to get Technicle!



I have been struggling for the past several months with if I should invest in good bookkeeping software to keep track of HART’s expenses, donations and whatnot. I have always told everyone that I have an open book policy regarding the financial status of HART but it’s awfully hard to stand up to that promise if I don’t have adequate software to track everything. So, after thinking and pondering long and hard on the matter I finally decided that since we did so well at the Canby Tack Sale, now would be a good time to spend a little money and invest in a good software package.

I decided to go with a Quickbooks based program because I already know that software inside and out since I use it at work and fortunately, Quickbooks has a software program specifically designed for non profits. I am excited to get it all downloaded, enter all of my past financial transactions and donations and be able to keep a printout of everything available to anyone who asks.

No comments:

I am not afraid of death and I am not selfish therefor no animal shall suffer at the hands of my weaknesses.