Saturday, December 12, 2009

Two New Donkeys Arrive Here at HART

I had just finally come to terms with placing Charles and Franchesca into an adoptive home.  They were very difficult for me to give up because I had grown so attached to them but I know that the more animals that I keep as permanent residences the less that I can save.

Charles and Franny had only been gone for three days when I got a call from the Yamhill County Sheriff's Office asking me to go out on an animal at large call two pick up two little donkeys.  These two adorable little critters had been wandering around Dopp Road between Newberg and Yamhill for at least a couple of weeks before a kind person in the area corralled them and called the Sheriff.
They are both in good health, appear to be young and other then one of them with feet a little overgrown they appear to have been well cared for.  I put an ad on Craigslist and in the Newberg Graphic lost and found to try to locate their owners.   :(  They are both gentle, well behaved and craving attention.  If their owner is not found, they will be up for adoption in 90 days in accordance with Oregon Satute.

Here is Turbo, named for her ability to run like the wind once the gate is opened.  She is quickly figuring out that when the gate is opened, that means more groceries are coming, not that it's time to make a run for it.
.

Here is little Dodge, name so due to his habit of dodging the rope when I put one around his neck to take him out of the stall for the day, the silly little sucker.



Here is Turbo sticking his tongue out after a drink of cold water, I thought it was cute!





No comments:

I am not afraid of death and I am not selfish therefor no animal shall suffer at the hands of my weaknesses.